Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 05 EOC


Week 05 EOC: Organize Job Search and Time

Just like my career advisor and many other professional individuals have told me in the past. Job searching is a job in itself, meaning that to get the job I want I need to put in the effort into obtaining it. In the past I put about minimal effort in searching for a job (to pay for school). I would search two to three places for about a half hour to an hour every other day or so each week. This in itself has had me in a long-standing relationship with unemployment in between jobs. I would go about 6 months before I would be lucky enough to land another job, which is why I was lucky to work for my current employer which is a big time corporation. Of course my time there will not be permanent and I will be searching again after graduating from school. That searching however will be for my career in video game design and a lot of effort will need to be put in to achieve that goal. In that time period of 6 months before my bills initiate for school I would need to spend a lot of time with making sure my finished projects are of Triple A quality, and there are an abundance of them in my portfolio. Next I will use my portfolio, resume, and knowledge to the many potential dream employers. Of course the major studios are out of state and I do not have the funds to support myself out of state, but there are local studios that I can submit myself to. As well as searching online for a few hours each day for the latest Game Development jobs for my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment