Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 06 EOC



Week 06: EOC – Seduction of the Online Web Surfer

For starters it is about the front page, my instructor Mr. Pinto has was explaining that to get people interested into my website was to draw the eyes of the viewer. Us as curious beings do not interact with objects or interfaces that are static, maybe we will interact with a static thing for a few second but afterwards never to return. So with a widget like a slideshow with several images would be a good start. Next I got the idea of putting my recent work or my ‘work in progress’ projects on an animated image scroller. That way not only will I have a slide show but another widget for the viewer to interact with. Another way would be to market myself on social media. Such as Facebook, where I can create a page that I submit work to. Tumblr, which is like a mini blog website that is trending and a ton of people use. Another social media source would also be Twitter, although a twitter account requires followers to be interested in. Also to prevent people from losing interest in my website is to keep uploading fresh content every week or so. I can use that in my recent work feed on my website. I put images of my 2D and 3D projects in my recent work feed that way it will be up to date. I am also thinking of an image limit on my Recent Work feed, for example I say 10 images is my limit I put my finish projects in their respected pages and the unfinished works. Perhaps have each image as a mini blog describing my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment