Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 07 EOC


Week 07 EOC – Linkedin

I know only the basics of LinkedIn, it is another social media widget. I put so far my name, interests, skills, and contact information. I am still going through it learning about the features that it has to offer, especially in the settings. I always like to see what the settings are like for everything. So far I have connected to a few people that I have met through school, a couple have 100s of contacts, which could benefit me. I do plan on completing my profile for whatever the specifications I need to finish in. Also there is the issue with the picture I currently have. I was told to not have too much of a close up picture, and nothing too personal. I feel that I can upload a picture of one of my finished projects, or even a 3D render of myself as a character of some kind. That way it will show me (in a sense), and display my skills as a 3D Designer. Next I could upload some images of my finished projects as well. I remember seeing one of my connections having a few of his projects in his profile. I could to the same with mine, that way it will draw the eye of the viewer. Next I plan to obtain more connections, I was thinking at first I connect with my fellow schoolmates, and some instructors. Although the rules state that students and teachers can’t connect but some are no longer teaching at the school so they could do, especially if they have 100s of connections. Then when the time comes some for my career search, I can ask for a recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment